I managed to install Mac OS X 10.5.8 on an AMD Athlon X2 system after little trouble. I’ll post the procedure to make sure if I have to do it again I can easily refer and someone trying to do the same can save the trouble. This will be composed of a series of posts, a post per step.
In the mean time find out the specifications of your box. I’m using GIGABYTE GAPM61SME-S2 motherboard with AMD Athlon X2 CPU. If your specifications are just like mine go ahead and download all the files listed bellow, otherwise download 1-3 and then look for kexts for your motherboard.
- AMD Athlon X2 2800
- nVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 405 chipset
- 1 x 2 GB of DDR2 DIMM
- On board ethernet (nForce 10/1oo Mbit)
- Realtek ALC883 CODEC chip
- SATA HDD (nForce sata controller)
- USB Mouse
- USB Keyboard
- DVD Drive
- iPC OSx86 Leopard 10.5.6 Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3 DVD (Google and find out, you will have to download via Bit torrent)
- Mac OS X 10.5.7 Update (http://keti.ws/95282)
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 Combo Update (http://keti.ws/95283)
- nForceLAN (http://keti.ws/94281)
- AppleNForceATA (http://keti.ws/95281)
- Patch the iPC DVD image (Otherwise the DVD will never boot)
- Install Mac OS X 10.5.6
- Remove all Intel kexts (Improves the boot time)
- Install Mac OS X 10.5.7 update
- Install Mac OS X 10.5.8 update
Await step 1, Patching the iPC DVD image tomorrow.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!
3 thoughts on “Installing Mac OS X 10.5.8 on AMD Athlon X2”
my laptop’s configuration is:
AMD Athlond x2 Dual-Core QL-62 (2ghz)
ATI Radeon 3100 512 MB
do you know if OS X supports this configuration?
hii… i have amd athlon x2 processor mounted on ASUS m4a78/1394 mother board!! please suggest me a version of mac osx for installation on my desktop!!
Nice tutorial , 1.Patch the iPC DVD image (Otherwise the DVD will never boot) this is just fucking great … did you thought for 1 sec maybe , we don’t know how to do that ? i’m just sayin…