Finally moved my blog to WordPress from Blogger. I also moved it to a different URL as well. Move was as smooth as it could get. I wasn’t sure whether I should make the move. I didn’t want any Google juice to be lost or give my readers 404s. In my old setup I was using Feedburner to serve my feeds and Blogger to serve my blog. Now WordPress serves the blog and Feedburner still serves the feeds. Here you have the steps.
- Install WordPress (I used 2.6.3)
- Import the blog posts and comments from Blogger. Go to Manage -> Import in WordPress and follow the instructions there.
- Set the authors properly.
- Download and install the WordPress plugin wp-maintain-blogger-permalinks-1.0.zip. (Do not forget to enable the plugin as well)
- Under Manage > Maintain Blogger Permalinks click the button that says Maintain Blogger Permalinks.
- You can disable (or even delete) the wp-maintain-blogger-permalinks plugin.
- Go to Options > Permalinks, select Custom, and enter the following:
…and you are done 🙂 .
Hope this helps someone who wants to move to WordPress form blogger.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!